AR TRIGGER INSTALLATION & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
READ PRIOR TO INSTALLATION
INSURE THE RIFLE IS UNLOADED PRIOR TO DISASSEMBLY
- Wear safety glasses. Some components in the fire control group are spring-loaded and may fly free.
- Dry firing of the trigger system when uninstalled or without the upper receiver installed can damage the trigger components and/or your rifle.
- Do not alter any part of the fire control group, as the level of safety will be reduced and will void your warranty.
- The supplied Anti-Walk Retention Pins may fit tight and may require a light tap. Do not force any other parts during the installation.
- Refer to the rifle manufacturer’s service manual for instructions on how to check for safe and proper function of the trigger assembly in the make and model of your firearm.
MAINTENANCE & LUBRICATION
- Previous mentioned cautions and precautions are to be understood and followed.
- Clean the trigger regularly with your choice of solvent insuring the entire assemble is free of debris.
- Use a thicker/heavier moly based lubricant on the sear surfaces.
- Lube other moving parts (other than Sear) with “Gun Oil”.
WEAR EYE PROTECTION; PARTS ARE SPRING LOADED
- Remove magazine and verify weapon is unloaded.
- Remove the upper receiver from the lower receiver and set aside.
- De-cock the hammer but not allowing it to strike the front of the receiver.
- Use a punch and light hammer to drift out the hammer and trigger pins.
- This will allow removal of the hammer, but not the trigger and loosen the assembly.
- Loosen the grip screw located inside the grip to allow the handle (grip) to drop 1/4-1/2 inch.
- Be careful to not lose the spring located on the right top edge of the grip, or the detent pin in the right side wall of the receiver.
- Slide the safety out of the receiver and remove the loose trigger.
- After removing the AR trigger and hammer, lower the CMC Trigger assembly into the receiver.
- Reseat the safety making sure the safety lever is properly oriented.
- Insert safety detent pin and spring, re-install the grip, and tighten the screw that retains the grip.
- Insert the supplied anti-walk pins and screws. (DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN!)
AFTER INSTALLATION FUNCTION & SAFETY CHECK
- With the safety off, verify hammer will come forward when the trigger is pulled.
- With safety on, verify hammer does not function by pulling the trigger. Note: do not allow the hammer to strike the front of the receiver during these tests.
- Replace the upper receiver on the lower receiver, close and charge bolt.
TERMS OF SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
Thank you for your purchase of an American made CMC Trigger.
With proper care it should last a lifetime. CMC Triggers stands behind its products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
If your trigger should ever need adjustment please return it for repair or replacement. Products may be returned for a full refund (Limited to the current CMC Trigger’s retail price) within 30 days when accompanied with the original proof of purchase from a CMC Triggers’ participating retailer.
This Warranty is limited to the original purchaser with proof of purchase from a CMC Triggers’ participating retailer. Alteration, tampering or disassembly of the CMC Trigger voids all warranties, expressed or implied.